The City of Byron moved into the new Byron Municipal Complex in early April, 2008. The finished complex totals over 41,000 square feet: about 23,000 SF in the new 2-story office structure, over 6,000 SF in the new multi-purpose and training wing, and over 12,000 SF in renovated office, storage and auditorium spaces that were originally part of a 1950’s elementary school at the corner of Moseley Road and Main Street.
All city business offices, including the Mayor’s office, City Clerk, Planning & Zoning, Building Inspection, Public Works and Utility Maintenance, will occupy the south wing of the new office building, while the Police Department and City Court occupy the north wing of the office building. Consolidation of all city offices and services in one building is a great improvement for Byron citizens, who had previously had to go to 5 different locations to visit these offices. The project was delivered to the city early – the Police Department moved in, along with furniture deliveries for other offices, more than 3 weeks before the originally scheduled completion date.