Sheridan Construction is a 100% ESOP company that has been in business for 75 years providing commercial construction management services throughout Georgia. The majority of our work is with repeat or referred customers. Founded in 1947, Sheridan provides construction services for higher education, K-12 schools, medical, religious, financial, government, industrial, historical and athletic sectors. Please visit our website for additional information about the company at www.sheridanconstruction.com.
We are currently seeking a Construction Project Manager for our growing company to support company operations by successfully administering projects from start to finish. Candidates must have exceptional organizational and planning skills with the ability to multitask, overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manages all projects assigned by the Employer in a timely, professional manner.
- Reads and understands plans, reviews submittals, generates subcontracts and purchase orders, and oversees quality control and warranty items.
- Enables timely project completion through scheduling, delivery expedition, and document management.
- Proactively manages project budget/costs.
- Holds regularly scheduled project meetings and prepares and distributes meeting minutes (Owner / Architect / Contractor meetings, Sub Scheduling meetings, Sub Preinstallation meetings, etc.)
- Obtains all necessary permits and meets regulatory requirements.
- Maintains safe worksite by compliance with OSHA standards and site inspections.
- Maintains consistent and professional correspondence with all client representatives, architects, subcontractors, vendors, co-workers, etc.
- Solicits and negotiates prices from subcontractors and vendors as needed.
- Assists with creation, verifying, and maintaining punch list.
- Supervises people and resolves conflicts while keeping the project on schedule.
- Works with the project team, Owner’s representatives, and all necessary parties (i.e. subcontractors, vendors, architects, engineers, building officials) to manage changes in scope, project reviews, and progress.
- Attends industry events and represents Sheridan Construction in a professional
- Three to five years of commercial construction project management or assistant project management experience.
- Computer skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- Knowledge / Willingness to learn Procore and HH2.
- Solid interpersonal and communications skill
- Strong work ethic