Sheridan Construction is a 100% ESOP company that has been in business for 75 years providing commercial construction management services throughout Georgia. The majority of our work is with repeat or referred customers. Founded in 1947, Sheridan provides construction services for higher education, K-12 schools, medical, religious, financial, government, industrial, historical and athletic sectors. Please visit our website for additional information about the company at www.sheridanconstruction.com.
We are currently seeking a Construction Estimator for our growing company to prepare bids, create scopes of work and create and manage estimates for construction projects.
- Providing accurate, detailed, and complete estimates during all design phases (conceptual, schematic, design development, and final).
- Reviewing and maintaining knowledge of plans and specifications.
- Soliciting and negotiating prices from subcontractors and vendors.
- Performing quantity takeoffs using the company’s computer systems.
- Writing detailed bid packages for all trades.
- Preparing comparisons between current and previous budgets.
- Preparing the estimate for presentation to the architect and owner.
- Maintaining consistent and professional correspondence with all client representatives, designers, subcontractors, vendors, co‐workers, etc.
- Working with the project team, Owner’s representatives and all necessary parties (i.e. subcontractors, vendors, architects, engineers, building officials) to manage changes in scope as they occur and ensure accurate estimates.
- Building relationships with all levels of construction professionals.
- Attending industry events and representing Sheridan Construction in a professional manner.
- Keeping current on the latest estimating technology and techniques.
- Three to five years commercial construction estimating experience.
- Computer skills and excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook and Word).
- Knowledge / Willingness to learn Sage Estimating, OnScreen Takeoff and iSqFt.
- Solid interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong work ethic.